The 48HFP producer position is a great opportunity for someone who would like to gain valuable experience running a city in a worldwide film competition and festival, organize cool and exciting events and screenings for filmmakers, make contacts and help cultivate the local film community, and be a key component of one of the largest and most respected network of filmmakers and producers around the world.
The producer position has flexible hours that can supplement your existing employment or freelance work. A successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- experience in the independent film/media industry is a plus but not required
- excellent organizational and communication skills
- an existing network of personal and professional contacts with groups, businesses, and individuals in the film, media, and arts communities
- previous festival and/or event planning experience
- creativity and problem-solving skills
- comfortable with technology (email, social media, Skype, Dropbox, Word software, etc.- experience in film & photo editing is a plus)
- the willingness to put in the time and effort to make the 48HFP a great event for local filmmakers
The producer’s duties and expectations may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- overall organization and on-site management of all local competition events including Kickoff & Dropoff, Premiere and “Best Of” screenings, and industry networking events
- outreach to individual filmmakers, film groups, professional organizations, arts groups, etc.
- communication with participating filmmakers and adherence to all 48HFP rules, regulations, and standards
- quick and regular communication with 48HFP HQ via email, Skype, phone, conference calls, and regular meetings
- securing local sponsorship
- maintaining financial/budgetary guidelines for all events, regular and concise use of 48HFP email lists, social media accounts, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
As anyone working in the film industry probably already knows, the work of the producer can be tough, intense, and often “thankless”, while still being one of the most exhilarating and rewarding experiences of your life. In addition to that experience, the 48HFP is happy to offer the following benefits:
- revenue share of income from all screenings
- revenue share of local cash sponsorships
- bonuses based on performance
- free pass to Filmapalooza
- film festival, communications/PR, social media/marketing, and other industry-related training opportunities
It is a great way to meet filmmakers in your city and to make a name for yourself. Please Note: City Producers are not eligible to participate in the 48 Hour Film Project.
Want to add a city that is not currently on our tour?
Please fill out the New City Request form: